Thursday, September 22, 2016

Good afternoon everyone!
I have a couple of updates for you before we begin Fall Break!
Firstly, here are some ideas of materials you can send in tomorrow for STEAM Day: tin foil, balls, duct tape, plastic toy soldiers, pipe cleaners, straws, buttons, bottle caps, cone shaped coffee filters, and paper cups!
Also, if you have not already sent in your money and forms for our High Touch High Tech field trips please do so ASAP! I will also be posting a sign up soon for our Fall Centers that we will be doing in October, so keep an eye out for that! I will be sending home some information after Fall Break about a project we are doing for our unit on non-fiction books! You will be decorating a pumpkin(real or fake) relating to a non-fiction topic from a book! Students will also be presenting facts on that topic that they learned while reading! You can be reading and brainstorming over Fall Break! I will send home more information later.
Lastly, today I sent home some information about your online Scholastic book orders! If we spend $300 as a class, we will earn a ton of free books for our classroom! I also sent home some information regarding the Fall Festival.
I hope everyone has a fun and safe break!
I will miss all of my Owls while we are gone!
- Ms. White